Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year 2012 - what will you do for yourself?

I belong to the yahoo group Ohio Creative Women and rather than make the standard resolutions to lose weight and exercise more (things we should do whether it's Jan 1 or not) we are challenged to resolve to try something new this year, something that we have never done before.
 I love this idea. 

For 2012 I resolve to:

  • Cook at least one dish a month that I haven't tried before
  • Visit a city I haven't been to before
  • Learn how to take manual pictures using a digital SLR
  • Begin beading with cabachons
  • Knit a pair of socks
  • Complete the Year of Jewelry Project
  • Complete the Bead Journal Project

These may sound simple but are definite challenges for me.
And yes, I also have resolved to:
  • Eat healthier - walk away from sugar and bad carbs
  • Take more pictures
  • Blog more
  • Complete all my reading challenges which amounts to 100+ books

I love new beginnings.  I love fresh starts.
January 1 just seems like a good place for starting again.


No comments: