Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jewel of the Sea

At the Ohio Beaders retreat we also have a gift exchange.  Names are drawn and kept secret until the actual exchange.

The name I was given belongs to a woman who spent a good part of the summer on a tropical island so I wanted to make something to give her a fond memory of her delightful summer.
I tried to capture the color of sea to sand and the waves flowing into the beach.
Here is what I came up with.  I've named it Jewel of the Sea.





I made her a ring to go with it - just for fun.  I have no idea what her ring size is so I can only hope it fits one of her fingers.
I liked it so much I made a second one but I used different sparkly beads so they are not identical - I will be posting it on my Etsy site as soon as I get a chance.


1 comment:

Sara said...

That is beautiful! Love the ring! I think the person receiving this will be thrilled. I know I would!