Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paisley

I volunteer to walk dogs for our local animal shelter.  It's a no-kill shelter and handles a lot of foster homes for dogs without homes until they are adopted.  They still need dog walkers for the dogs that they keep at the shelter.

This week I walked Paisley - she's a Great Dane, about 2yrs old, and very, very gentle.

She is well trained and walked at heel when I asked her to.  She would walk faster if I sped up and slow down when I slowed down.  She must have wandered away from home.  She looks really homesick, but stays well behaved.  She doesn't even bark in her cage.  I hope her family comes looking for her soon.

Tomorrow starts the One World One Heart Blogging Event.  it's always fun to go visit new blogs that I haven't seen before and meet new visitors here.  

I found some wonderful spots while blog hopping this week.

A Book Bloggers Diary
Faded Charm
Wicked Waif

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a beautiful dog...I hope her family shows up - or a forever family comes forward.

Bless you for walking these lovely dogs...