Sunday, December 05, 2010

Busy hobby days

We seem to minimize on Christmas decorations a bit more every year.  This year we’ve gone for simplicity at it’s finest.  One small tree with white twinklies and blue LEDs light up the front of house.

bluelgt

Looking towards our neighbors our blue lights show down the driveway against a light layer of white snow.

neigh

The knitting guild I belong to has a Christmas sale at our local museum while the garden club sold winter greens outside.  It was totally enjoyable to sit with the ladies and knit while we sold our handmade wares.  I sold some of my stitch markers so it turned out to be a double fun day for me.
decknit

My first love, beading.  I’ve been working on creating peyote stich bracelets lately.  Next laying out more beads I’m ready to start another bracelet.  It’s a ruffle bracelet made in ladder and brick stich.  A challenge for me since I don’t usually work with those stiches.  I hope the bracelet turns out well, it’s extremely detailed and not as much fun as peyote – to me.

decbead

No comments: