Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring

Spring has made it back!  The days are warming up.  my crocus's are blooming!

I can hear cardinals, wrens and robins chirping as I wake up at 6:00 am.  I actually smile at 6 am just listening to their good morning songs. 

I am convinced that is my favorite part of spring - hearing those lovely bird trills come through my closed window in the tree outside my bedroom window every morning.  By the time the  weather warms up and we open the windows at night - the bird eggs have hatched and all the baby birds are very loud in the morning crying for breakfast.

And the third sign of spring around my home is this prophetic bud.
The Forsythia bush.  I love it's bright yellow color, I can't wait for the blooms.

I am still working through Denise's Daily Dozen book, I just found I was saying the same thing everyday - all that complaining about how hard the exercises were and her meal plan is great.  I don't ever feel hungry enough to cheat - that being said....

On St. Patty's day I did have a couple light beers and the following day my friend was in from California so we went to dinner and enjoyed a martini together.  I don't think it hurt much in the grand scheme of things.  :)

Here is my daughter and her roommate at the end of St. Patty's day, still smiling, very tired.

No comments: