Saturday, March 06, 2010

A Beautiful Start to the Weekend

There was a package from Australia waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home from work yesterday.
Carol over at Barnacle Goose Paperworks sent me a gorgeous handmade journal that I won in the One World One Heart Magic Carpet Ride.
Carol from Australia is currently visiting New Zealand and will have some fun photo's when she gets back.
      
The binding is beautiful and it's filled with plenty of creamy paper.  This is one journal that won't be forgotten on a bookshelf.
I plan on filling it with my jewelry drawings/designs and cutouts from my favorite mags of anything that makes me happy from home deco to clothes to jewelry to inspirational words - a scrapbook of happy. 

This morning I received a Sunshine Award from Sandra at A Cappuccino A Day who is traveling through Italy and showing photo's along the way. 
Thank you Sandra, I am pleased and honored to accept this Sunshine award and be added to the wonderful group of positive bloggers.
   I'm tickled pink to receive this - maybe that's tickled orange - It's a blast of sunshine just in time to gear us up for Spring.  It is awarded to bloggers whose positiveness and creativity inspires others in the blog world.  I'm officially an award winner now, just like the Academy Awards that will be presented this Sunday.  woohoo!
This great award does comes with a few rules.

The rules for accepting the award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.

2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.

3. Link to the nominees within your post.

4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award
.

And the winners are....  in no particular order....
Jenny Fowler
Her Art Nest
SharDon Exclusives
Alice in Paris Loves Art and Tea
Tales From an OC Cottage
Adventures of Raw Goddess Heathy
Domestic Witch
bleeding espresso
whisk: a food blog
So This is Wonderland

It seems like everyone is traveling and my gypsy heart wants to go with them.
where would I go ?   either Scotland or back to Italy, since I can't decide and I'm not really going, I'll choose both. lol.
or wait, how about a cruise - that would be wonderful too.

My plans for today?  going to watch the movie 'UP' and make a few pieces of jewelry.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Di, Congrats on your Sunshine Award, I'm so excited for you!!! I thoroughly enjoy your blog and you're such an inspiration!
Scotland, Ireland, or Italy are my top choices. Quit your job, let's pack our cameras, and go!! No, I have no idea how I'll pay for it ;)
'Up' is such a fantastic movie, I really, really loved it. Hope you enjoy!

Love, A.M.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Thank you! It's been a while since we've been in touch...I hope all is well!

Sandra said...

Hi Diana, I see that you and your 2 sisters were in Italy in 2006, and so was my sister and I. We were there for the month of September. We started in Rome, spent 2 weeks in Tuscany, then a week on the Amalfi coast, and then back to Rome for a night and then 3 days in Venice. That is why we are now planning a return trip to Venice in May of this year( not there yet !! ) We are going to just stay in Venice and take a few day or over night trips from there and my daughter is joining us for part of that time. I am so excited to be returning to Italy. That first trip was my very first trip out of the country!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and good luck with your program with Denise, I will keep checking in on your progress :))

Sandra

March 6, 2010 1:00 PM
Delete

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Thanks so much for the award! You're so sweet!

Shari

aliceinparis said...

Hi Diana. Congrats on your award:)
Thanks so much for thinking of me. I really appreciate it! I would like to accept it but really have a lot of difficulty choosing blogs for awards There are so many great ones out there!!
Good luck with your fitness program! Yay you! It is hard work but the benefits are boundless!

Domestic Witch said...

Awesome, thank you!!!

Her Art Nest said...

Whoo Hoo! Thank you for your kind words, and the recognition to receive "The Sunshine Award." I will honored to pass this on to some of my favorite blogs. You are too sweet. Hugs, Nan

Melinda Cornish said...

the journal is beautiful and I love the yellow duck bracelet too!