Monday, January 04, 2010

Don't hold back

I've started Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach again this year.  Today's message really hits home.  She tells us not to hold back.  If you've got good china, use it.  don't you feel better when you fix your hair, dress a little nicer?  do we do that only for other people? 

Enjoy each day.  Treat yourself as someone special you should look nice for.  Set the dinner table and light a candle and enjoy your meals as if each one were a special occasion.


Don't hold back on life waiting for the special occasion.  You are special every day, treat yourself as best as you can through this life's adventure.

5 comments:

Janet said...

So true. Both my grandmas came from poor backgrounds but did good in their lives....when they died each of them had so many beautiful things "saved" back in boxes to use for something "special"....I learned at a young age not to do that! If you have it, use it.

Anonymous said...

One of my very favorite books! Thanks for reminding me. It's somewhere in the house, I'll go searching!

Love, A.M.

Lisa Crone said...

What a wonderful thought!! Thanks for sharing! :)

intothedawn said...

Hi Diana! I'm so glad to be sharing the Simple Abundance journey with you; thanks for joining in, its going to be a great year!

There are 4 of us so far-- I posted my first SA update on my blog tonite & at the bottom of the post you can find links to the others who are participating as well, if you would like to follow their journeys too.

*hugs*

Sandi said...

hi,
I'm wanting to redo SA this year too!
victorianGypsy