Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Reading Challenges Ready, Set......

I have finally set up all the Reading Challenges I have entered for 2010.

In 2008 I entered 4 challenges. I completed 49 books and 15,979 pages.
My challenge to myself for 2010 is to read 54 books and 17,000+ pages.

These are the 11 Reading Challenges for 2010 I have entered !!

A to Z  --  52 books , Titles beginning A-Z, Authors Last Name beginning A-Z
All but 2 of the books from all 11 challenges I was able to merge into the big A to Z Challenge. That took weeks of planning and moving books around.  The logic puzzle to get all those challenges to work together was a lot of fun for me too.

Chunkster  -- 4 books, over 450 pages - Level 2 Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big?
Colorful -- 9 books, Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Red, Rose, Pink, Silver, Violet
Support Your Local Library  --   34 books, Level 1 The Mini
TBR -- 12 books
Thriller & Suspense -- 12 books
What's In A Name  -- 6 books, Food, Body of Water, Title, Plant, Place, Music term
Young Adult --  12 books
Young Adult Through the Decades  -- 9 books, 1930s - 2000s ( I added 1910s)
451 - 4 books, Level 2, Ember




You can find each challenge by selecting the matching button in the far right column.
All my book selections are here:  Adventuring through Life Reading Books
I challenge you to join in on some or all of the challenges I entered.  You can select your own or read along with my selections.  A few of my books are original or out of print books since I purchased them at estate and library sales, but most can be found at your local library.

You can join in any time.  Why not start making a list of books to read !?
I can't wait to start !!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

That's quite a challenge! I saw someone on a blog who was doing "100 Books in 2010"....I think I read 50 books this year and that was about all I could handle with everything else I love to do. I applaud you for doing all these challenges, and I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines!!

j-bob said...

i love to read. visit my site at http://foodj-bob.blogspot.com!!!!!!!!