Sunday, November 22, 2009

On being Mrs. S. Claus

Timing is everything.  I worked hours creating my list of 52 books for the 2010 A-Z Reading Challenge and at about 1/2 way I couldn't think of any more books that would fit into the alpha slots I needed so I decided to go to the library for inspiration.  When I got there I found it was the first day of the Friends of the Library used book sale!


I managed to find 7 good selections that would fit into the empty alpha slots I had and with the 5 books on my TBR list at home, I now have 12 books in my TBR list which will give me one book a month to read of my own.  The rest of the 40 books will be either library books or mp3 e-books.  It's a perfect combo for me.
Once again in case you missed it....
here is the link to my Reading Challenges Blog...
Adventuring through Life Reading Books

I still have  5 authors that I haven't found books for, letters O, U, V, X and Y.  If I can't use the letter on their last name, I will use the letter for the first name of the author, but I've 10 months to find what I'm looking for so I can take my time searching for what I want.

On to Mrs. Claus.  Today is the day I work on my Christmas list.  I'll also bring out some of my decorations; snowflakes for the hallway, greenery and lights for the mantel and staircase.

Heck, some of my neighbors already have their tree up and outside lights going every night.   We are almost one month from Christmas and the holiday does fly so I'm becoming more patient with starting the season early.  It's a cozy time of year for folks, let them enjoy it. I may even join them and put my tree up earlier this year.

and ...since I haven't blogged in so long, I've missed my
Sunday morning blog hopping
I've been doing a lot of research for my book challenges this week so I will share some of the fun book blogs I found.

** They have a lot of book giveaways **
Booking Mama
J. Kay's Book Blog
Melody's Reading Corner
Reading with Tequila
The Book Chick

1 comment:

Aimee said...

criky- that looked like a lot of work - well done!

-Aimee
http://myflutteringheart.blogspot.com