Friday, February 06, 2009

What is all the Twitter about ?

I've been seeing a lot of Twitter lately and curiosity has finally gotten the best of me. Geek girl that I am I need to see what the Twitter is all about. It's basically a mini-blog without all the bells and whistles. People update Twitter with the everything and anything they are doing. Just like texting a friend, but in a more global sense. Instead of writing it up in your blog, you can text from your phone and update friends and family instantly. It's just something created to use your cell phone texting even more. But I'm game to try anything, heck blogging sure has taken hold, maybe twitter will too.

I like bells and whistles (Geek girl that I am) but I've decided to try it out for awhile to see what it can do for me.
My Twitter name is 'dianas2743' -- easy enough for the people that already know me. http://twitter.com/dianas2743
My life isn't that interesting or I'd blog more often. Twitter lets people know all the un-interesting things you do day to day. So if your interested in how dull life can be, follow my Twitter. ;)

3 comments:

Janet said...

I have a Twitter account, too but seldom have the time to use it. I don't understand how people have the time to stop every few minutes to type something into their Twitter page!! I barely have time to update my blog every few days!!

risa said...

You can follow me on Twitter if you'd like-- http://twitter.com/createdbyrisa

see you there!

Brenda Heisler said...

Twitter can be used in all different ways. I use it as a learning tool. I follow people that are tops in their field and I click onto links that they supply. I've learned a lot about blogging, social media marketing, Etsy, SAHM, and found vendors for our golf course business.

It can be a fun way too, to just keep in touch.