Saturday, February 28, 2009

Itching to post

Sometimes I get so bogged down with just making it through each day that I don't take time out to blog. and then I miss blogging. So like Jeri at Artful Gathering, I'm resolving anew to blog more often. I feel so much more connected to the art world when I do. I truly enjoy blogging and reading other blogs - it's a shame there isn't more playtime for us all.

I have been very busy. I just had my baby toe operated on yesterday morning. I had a bone spur removed. it was between my baby toe and the one next to it and causing terrible pain. Fortunately it's a procedure done in the doctors office so I didn't have a huge hospital expense. Plus - even though he insisted there wouldn't be any residual pain afterward - I convinced him to give me a prescription for that wonder drug - Vicoden. So I may limping around, but I'm doing so with a smile on face.

That vicoden cam in handy last night. We had a bake sale / basket raffle fund raiser for the Leader Light Foundation of which I am a working member. We raised $1,800.00 that will go towards baseball equipment and sponsering a young boys baseball team. Next we are planning a 5K run to raise money for scholarships.

I was baking and decorating cookies for the 2 previous nights so I'm going to play with my beads and clay today.

I'll post pictures here a bit later today.

6 comments:

intothedawn said...

Hope your foot heals fast. I have to say, I'm impressed that you were even functioning after taking Vicoden; my experience with it is that I float off to my little happy place and become completely worthless.

Yay for playing with clay! I hope to do some of that today as well. I'll be checking back for your photos!

Lori Anderson Designs said...

Blogging is so cathartic to me!

Genie Sea said...

Ouchie! LOL@ limping around with a smile on your face. :)

Congrats on the successful fundraiser! :)

Julie said...

I hope your toe is all better by now. I've been having a rough time with my knee since Feb. 2 so I know what you are going through.

Barbara Olivo Cagle said...

I just revisited your blog and was hoping you would please visit my blog too. http://blog.barbaracagle.com Also, leave a comment on my Mother's Day Give-Away Post to have a chance to win my book.

Thanks,

Barbara








Barbara Olivo Cagle
4575 Wanakiwin Dr.
Loon Lake, WA 99148
(509) 233-8051 HM
(509) 951-7300 CELL
barbara@barbaracagle.com
www.barbaracagle.com

Anonymous said...

They are becoming the enhancement option of choice for many men for several reasons. vimax pills is the best penis enlargement pills on the market today.more info visit http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html
- http://www.pillspenisproducts.com