Thursday, December 04, 2008

Top 10 Fav's


I completed a reading challenge in 2008. The challenge was to read 52 books in one year with requirements. 26 books started with each letter of the alphabet from A - Z and 26 Authors (last names) started with each letter of the alphabet from A - Z. It was quite a challenge, not only reading and reporting on them, but keeping them all in order. It was fun, but I'm not ready to do it again next year. Out of all that reading, I've come up with my favorite top 10 books that I read in 2008. Don't get too excited, they may not be your style. After a hard days work, the last thing I want to do is get into heavy reading so I most enjoy light, chic books. Fun entertainment after heavy duty brain work for 8 - 10 hrs./days.

In this list are my favorite authors, Nora Roberts, Susan Wittig Albert, Nancy Atherton and Donna Andrews. A couple of classics slipped in, ones that I hadn't got around to reading, but proved their worth in the end.

I could easily have come up with a top 20 list! I read many great books this year, but then it wouldn't be a top 10 list !

"Aunt Dimity Goes West" by Nancy Atherton
"The Tale of Hill Top Farm" by Susan Wittig Albert
"Blood Brothers" by Nora Roberts
"The Hollow" by Nora Roberts
"To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee
"Savannah Breeze" by Mary Kay Andrews
"The Tale of Holly How" by Susan Wittig Albert
"Aunt Dimity: Vampire Hunter" by Nancy Atherton
"Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls
"The Year of Pleasures" by Elizabeth Berg

1 comment:

Julie said...

That was a commendable challenge. Congratulations!

I'm glad you commented. I had lost track of your blog.