Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stepping into the future

Tonight we leave behind another year and look toward our future. I wish happiness for my family and all my friends (blogging friends definitely included in this) in 2009.
Open the door of your heart; try new things, meet new people.Today, focus on your health. What will you eat?
Tonight, near midnight, I'll serve Italian sausage and green lentils (Italian new year food for good luck). For tomorrow I will cook Hopping John Black-eyed peas, cornbread and cooked kale for good luck and good health.

Tomorrow, for the first day of 2009, wake up and have some refreshing Vitamin C packed grapefruit. 10 minutes walking, outside if you can - on the treadmill if you have one. Nothing too overwhelming. slow and steady, I'll increase my exercise time day by day.

HAPPY NEW YEAR WORLD

Nick, I love you and miss you.

5 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

What a perfect way to prepare for good nutrition and foods that truly feed for 2009. You're starting off on the right foot for sure!

Janet said...

Great advice! I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a terrific 2009.

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

dropping by to say happy new year. may you have a wonderful year in 2009! cheers to fresh starts, health, and creativity!

Tara said...

Can't wait to step thru the 2009 door~

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

oooh, cool door!


Happy New year!