Sunday, December 28, 2008

Goals are Good

Have you started thinking about 2009 ? I have. The beginning of each year brings a promise of hope. A hope of a brighter future, a closeness with family and friends and a chance for happiness.
I read a Navaho Prayer a few days ago and the gist was --

Grieve for your losses, but only for awhile. Remember good times with a smile.
Comfort, care and share.
Don't live in your past and get stuck in your memories, be with your loved ones and make new memories. Friends and family need you, live every moment you get.
My goals for 2009
Exercise every day. I will start out with baby steps - I'll drag my blog through it every step of the way.
Cook more. Back to a healthier lifestyle. Eating out is easier, but cooking at home is healthier.
I will put my new eating habits, ideas and plans also into my blog.
Be more creative. I found a joy in polymer clay. I'm going to try to incorporate more design work in with my beadwork.
Take work less seriously. After all - it is a 4 letter word and shouldn't be used around the house.

My blog will change with me. It wasn't real exciting before, it may be less so now. It will be a focus on my daily life. Just a journal for me of what I did for myself. excercise and healthy eating is the foundation a strong, happy mind and body.
Follow along if you want, join in would be better yet.

We start Jan. 1 - get ready.


How about a Sunday morning blog-hop ...

A Whimsical Bohemian
Chez Sacred Suzie
Pieceful Afternoon

4 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like a good plan. I, too, am focusing on my health and eating right and getting more exercise. And of course, being more creative....stepping outside my comfort zone and trying new things is my plan.

2009 is going to be great!

Janet said...

PS - I forgot to say I'll be following your blog whatever you do.

Pam Aries said...

Hey Diana! Thanks for finding me! I agree with your 2009 goals..and love the Navajo prayer.I'll come back and check on ya!

Sacred Suzie said...

It seems to be a good time for blogging changes. :) I like that you are going to focus on the day to day. That kind of thing is very important and special too, not at all boring. I can't wait to see what happens in your kitchen! Cooking our own food is a giant step towards self-love and good health. Way to go!