Saturday, November 29, 2008

We've started decorating the house ! Sugarplum fairies are starting to dance in my head. This is such a fun season. Even with the hustle and bustle and stress and worry of shopping, there is a comfort in this season. A wish for a bit more simplicity maybe.

I am simplifying my Chrismas this year. Buying less, savoring the music and sights more. I'm even cutting back on my cookie baking. I'll enjoy my baking time more and enjoy the ones I eat more. I've decided to only make 3 kinds - ginger snaps, oatmeal w/chocolate chips and almond crescents. All yummy with tea or cocoa. Can you hear me humming ?

We even talked about putting up the tree today. I hope so. I love lighting the tree at night, playing Christmas songs, and sitting by the fire reading a book. ooooooo, I can't wait.

The mantel is lit, I can't find the snowI usually put on it. Maybe it's packed with the tree stuff.
My foyer is decorated.
David welcomes everyone dressed and lit up for the season.
The snowflakes are up.
and the corner is welcoming.
Next the outside lights and the TREEEEEE!

2 comments:

Janet said...

This year I think many people are cutting back and trying for a simpler Christmas....thank goodness! Your home looks so pretty, and so does your blog. I'm going to try to get our tree put up today (Sunday) but we'll see. HB may be busy with football games!

Donna said...

Oooh, your David needs to meet my Patience!!! Love it! Hopefully we'll be decorating this weekend... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage