Monday, November 24, 2008

Hello World - I'm BACK !!!

I have missed my blog soooo much. I was so overwhelmed with everything I was doing, it took me away from some of the things I love doing most. Like blogging , exercise, cooking and photography.

It feels like I've been in a fog since the last time I blogged in August.
I did have fun though. One favorite was apple picking at a local orchard.
There are a few things I know for sure that I am cutting back on that had taken over my life.

Emails for one -I had joined a yahoo group that was so email prolific it used to take one to two hours every night just to keep up - and half the time I was just deleting most of the emails. So I've unsubscribed to a lot of emails including that group.

I've decided to cut back on my jewelry hobby. I got so caught up with the whole Etsy thing that I was spending hours making things and enjoying less of my other hobbies. Cutting back to working on my art a couple nights a week will give me more time for other things and I won't feel guilty about it because it's a planned cutback.

I've completed all 4 book challenges I signed up for last January. Even that was extremely time consuming. 52 books in one year. I won't sign up for any reading challenges for awhile. I hardly read any magazines I liked because between the emails and required books, there wasn't time for any more reading. Now I'm only going to read the fun books that interest me - not because I've got to fulfill some requirement.

I've decided to use my blog to keep me focused on my goals for the year ahead. So if your not interested in following what and how I'm doing with my goals you may want to just swing by to say hi and keep going. But that's ok with me. I'm just happy to be back here.

I'm going on a cruise in June - so I've got to get back in shape.
1. I'm 25 lbs overweight so if I can lose 15 lbs by June - I'll be a tickled pink. That means cutting way back on junk food and less alcohol. Eating healthier - more home cooking.
2. Exercising - I've got to start over and just do walking for the first month - maybe two months of walking until I feel ready to start jogging again.

AHHH, doesn't it feel good. Just like an old friend... and now I'm going to do some hopping around and see how some old friends are doing in their blogs and just say hi.

3 comments:

Janet said...

It's so good to see you back! I was happy to see your comment on my blog....I rushed right over. It sounds like you've made some good decisions and some I need to make, too. I tend to overwhelm myself with projects!

Happy Thanksgiving and welcome back!

Sacred Suzie said...

I am so happy you're back! Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know. :) It's true, Etsy can take over your life, I know. And it can turn what makes you happy into a chore which is a shame. I'm taking a crafting break myself and spending more time cooking and baking.

I love the orchard pics! There's nothing better in this world than picking apples off the tree.

Mr. Rush said...

I like your blog!