Sunday, August 03, 2008

Planning a vacation

A vacation has popped up into my near future. The 3 sisters are at it again! We're off to the beach for 3 days of sun and fun.

We leave in about in 2 weeks - I'm soooo excited. I love getting up around sunrise to watch the world wake up over the ocean. The little sand crabs go scurring back underground. The gulls start plucking bugs out of the sand. The waves roll in and out and leave pebbles, shells and beach glass laying around for good scavengers (me). I love collecting buckets of shells and glass. then we make castles in the sand. Here are a couple we made last summer.

and some late Sunday blog hopping :)

Among the Hedgerows
Autumn's Meadow
Tales of Inglewood

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wooo GREAT PHOTO! I love your castles in the sand! Wonderful work! Looks like alot of fun! Ohhh I'm inspired! :)
Angela

Julie said...

How wonderful to be able to go to the beach. I spent a few hours on a beach at Jekyll Island, GA once. Does that count?

My legs got terribly sunburned.