Thursday, July 31, 2008

Are you ready for August 1 ?

August 1 is Lammas Day, (loaf-mass day), the festival of the first wheat harvest of the year. On this day it was customary to bring to church a loaf made from the new crop. Also traditionally observed as the Feast of First Fruits, a harvest festival. One of the Scottish quarter days.

So buy some fresh flour - make up a small loaf of bread and enjoy with some fresh veggies.

August 1 will also bring a new moon. The new moon is the birthing cycle of the moon's various phases. The new moon phase is an optimal time for planning and seeding your intentions. Setting aside a few minutes each month during the new moon phase to focus on yours wishes and desires will help give you clarity of mind and fill your heart with promise.

The saying "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it." is fair warning whenever setting your new moon intentions into motion. The moon is strong - your words are energy - energy moves matter. You are a powerful person through your thoughts and words.
The best time to make your list of wishes is in the first 8 hours of the new moon.

PLUS, talk about a day of strong energy -- there will be a solar eclipse on August 1 that will be a TOTAL eclipse of the sun with a magnitude of 1.039. I don't know what the magnitude means but it sounds serious. hang on to your hats! but don't look up.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

It is crazy isn't it? All that's going on this Friday? I sense powerful energy swooping through here, I really do. I'm making bread, letting go of my old life and welcoming a new phase. Great post Diana!

Janet said...

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! August already! As for the bread baking, I doubt I'll have the oven on anytime soon since it's an oven outside most of the time! But I do love fresh baked bread. And it's one thing I can actually accomplish in the kitchen.

This is a great post....lots of good info. Now I just have to get my thinking cap on and make some goals.

Julie said...

A belated Happy Lammas/Lughnasadh to you!