Sunday, June 08, 2008

Open for business !

My Etsy shop is finally up and running. If you look down the sidebar on the right you can see a few items I have on display there and they link to my little shop. This is so exciting and fun.

I'm slowly adding items to it but it's exciting to see it work. I'm absolutely amazed at all the talent and beautiful, quality handmade items sold on Etsy. Of course I had to make a few purchases from other sellers just to see how the process works. :) It's simple, fast, fun and safe. and I bought some great items. I plan on shopping there more often too.

The weather here has finally turned gorgeous. After freezing all winter, all I want to do is throw open the windows and let the fresh air and warmth in. Some say it's too hot, not me. I'm astounded to hear all the air conditioners humming away after everyone just complained for the last 6 months about how cold they were.

The yellow-jackets were showing up at our house again and we found an underground beehive in my flower garden. I hated to do it, but we had to call the bee exterminator to spray the house. I'm allergic too bees and was afraid to sit outside when I saw them come buzzing around me. I wish they could just go live somewhere else, then they could visit my flowers all they wanted. I don't mind sharing my flowers with the bees, just not living quarters. Wish they could understand me when I talk to them.

Here's my Sunday morning blog-hopping spots: (some of these are in my favorite reads list - I've just highlighted them today since I stopped in for a visit)

Cream Puffs in Venice **YUM, this could easily become my favorite blog - wait till you see.
The Hermitage
The Lavender Loft
The Old Painted Cottage **new month, new cottage !
The Shabby Romantic
Yarnstorm


2 comments:

Janet said...

Yay! Your shop is open. I'm sure you'll do good with it.

Thanks for including my blog in your list today. I'll be sure to check out the others when I leave here.

Sacred Suzie said...

Way to go! Your photos are stunning of your fantastic and beautiful jewellery. So professional and lovely! Congratulations!

I'm getting ready for Etsy, just blogged about it.