Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's no fun

The wedding planning started out soooo fun, but it's not fun anymore.
The groom is sucking the fun out of this. He won't do a thing without his parents permission.
My daughter wants an outdoor wedding and his parents want a priest to marry them. Apparently you can't have both in our area. My daughter suggested they meet with the priest in the morning for a blessing and get married in the afternoon. The groom said if they meet with the priest in the morning they could not do vows in the afternoon. He was against it. He's an idiot. there.... I said it. I haven't said it to my daughter. I'm letting her figure that out on her own.

Last night he said his parents would fly out to AZ where they live, go to a church with them to be married then they could come back next summer for the reception. of course, I stopped being nice at that time. I finally let the 4 letter words fly. how DARE THEY.

This is turning so ugly, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh dear!
Control of a wedding....it is all about giving the bride the best day ever!
Let's hope she sees him from your perspective...
Dxxx

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey Diana, thanks for your comment.
Dont worry about ABC Wednesday you just pop along whenever you want to. You have so much going on in your life at the moment.

HUGS
Dx

Julie said...

I totally agree with you - HOW DARE THEY? And why can't a catholic wedding be held outdoors?
I had a lovely outdoor wedding 34 years ago this coming Saturday. Obviously I am not Catholic.

I hate to say this, but I hope the groom isn't as inflexible during the marriage. It's not the parents' wedding, for heaven's sake!