Sunday, June 01, 2008

Happy June!

hurray, we've made it to summer. almost. Yesteray was so pretty outside, I couldn't stay in the house. I got my gardens finished -

flowers, herbs and veggies. I even washed the inside windows of my car just to stay outside a bit longer.

I'm still working on my Etsy site and struggling with photographing my jewelry. The pictures end up looking so much darker by the time I get them uploaded. I even built a light box to get rid of the shadows created using indoor lighting. I may have to take a class on photographing jewelry !!
I can't wait to go see Sex in the City. I don't watch much TV so I didn't watch the series - don't even know if I could get it. Is it on HBO or something? But it looks like a fun chic-flic. So far, the reviews I've heard are good ones!
It's amazing how quiet it is in blogland right now. Everyone must be moving to the outdoors. I know I blog a lot less during the summer, guess others do too.
Here are my visits for blog-hopping Sunday morning. What are yours?

7 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Your garden is looking amazing! I am so envious. It's still too cool to plant here, can you believe it? I love that you have a separate well guarded area for your herbs, very smart! And to surround it with those pretty lights, genius!

Photographing jewellery is such a pain in the butt. I only use natural light usually but sometimes I use one of those hand-held mechanics lights when I am desperate.

Janet said...

Wow!! You've been busy! Your gardens all look so nice. I wish I could grow things here but between the heat and the wind it's a losing battle.

Blogland has been especially quiet lately. I was not blogging for awhile due to a personal loss but I think most people are just busy enjoying the great weather.

GB said...

There is an easy to use system for photographing jewelry. It's call Blink. Look at it here: www.blinkps.com

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Love your garden. The weather here in So Cal has been just perfect lately. Our white cottage roses are blooming like crazy.

oxox
Jennifer

bleeding espresso said...

Love your garden, and yes, it's been quiet in the blogging world...ah, summer!

Glad to know I'm on your list :)

Julie said...

Ooh, what a pretty blog design. So bright and cheery - so summery!

I apologize profusely for not commenting lately. I have not been commenting anywhere. Real life intruded big time, but now I intend to have a fabulous summer which includes re-connecting with my best blogging friends.

I am off now to read the other posts I missed. I hope you don't mind if I don't comment on them all. I just got too far behind!

Hugs, Julie

Julie said...

Your flowers are lovely. I've had to give up gardening because of my carpal tunnel syndrome.