Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yin and Yang

I've been reading a lot about macrobiotics. People talk about how healthy it is and how energetic they are because of what they eat. It makes so much sense. First of all, they aren't eating any crap, because it doesn't belong in macrobiotics. They eat very little fat because most of their food is raw, boiled or steamed. There is some cooking in oil, but little compared to the 'American' way of life. Fortunately for me, I love, love, love rice and beans so it's going to be easy for me to pick up some of these suggestions. I like raw carrots and lightly steamed veggies. love collards and kale. I think this could work for me. now about that chocolate habit.... oh, and maybe I can cut back to drinking wine only on weekends instead of with my nightly meal. what no cookies...? uhoh. it's going to be tougher than I thought. I don't mind eating the good stuff, the hard part is giving up the crap.

No comments: