Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a weekend!

This was a big weekend for me. Went to dinner Friday night with G and sis U. She made me some fun plates in her ceramics class.
Earlier this week, I sent a goodie package to my darling daughter. She got a new puppy, named him Rocky so I made him a collar and made her a matching headband and a bookmark too. I made a bookmark for sis U. too after she drooled over the fabric.

The Ohio Beader's Group is gathering this weekend. First, yesterday, we went to the Inter-gem / Bead show at the IX Center. It was great, lots of beautiful beads, both glass and real gemstones. Then we gathered together for a pizza dinner and I was able to meet a smaller group (since I'm new to the group).

Today, we had a big gathering at a Bead Store of one of the members . we had lunch together, then we had a gift exchange. We we're all given a secret name and we created a piece of jewelry for that person. this is the bracelet I made for the name I was given. I made a pair of matching earrings too.
I'll post the jewelry someone made for me tomorrow, I didn't take a photo of them yet. We also had a class in polymer clay. Here is the piece I made. I'll hang beads from the fringe pieces and hang it in my cube at work. It was a lot of fun and easy to do. We also had a photo inspiration challenge and we secretly voted on our favorites. 3 of the top favorites will win pretty toggles from a bead store. One of my entries is in an earlier post below.
I'm exhausted. I've got more show and tell, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: