Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Alphabet Wednesday

We are on the letter 'L' for Alphabet Wednesday at Mrs. Nesbitt's place.
I'm starting out with my absolute favorite institution - my local Library - I love books, I love the Library. I could just go in and wander around, touching books, it doesn't matter what section, I'll find something interesting to me. when I retire, I will probably volunteer at the one near my home.














At the grocery store these Lemons popped right out and begged to be photographed.
When you hear the word Lace, do you think soft and delicate? I do...

And 'G' wanted to put his two cents in and came up with LED lights - he loves them, especially the solar powered ones.

he also thought it was very important that I add in these 'Lounge Lizards' because he gets such a kick out of them. We have a local restaurant that we have dinner at on a regular basis - they are there every night, having their after work cocktails and playing BUZZTIME Trivia. We play Buzztime too and I can actually beat them every once in a while!!












23 comments:

Andrea said...

Nice variety of "L's" you have captured for ABC Wednesday. Great pictures. Good ideas you have chosen.

John said...

Great L collection!

RuneE said...

The "LED"-lights were a first - I think. Good idea anyway.

Petunia said...

Nice bunch of L here!

Petunia's ABC

Anne-Berit said...

Lots of L`s here,great Post:o)

Ida said...

A great variety of L`s here. My favourites is the first and the last ones. ;)

VP said...

Hi Diana,

Yes they were LEDs on the cat - red versions of yours :)

I think I need to go and live in a library - I've masses of books on my 'To Read' list...

Pernille's ting og tang said...

Wonderful collection of L's and very nice photos. I love the library too:)

ellen b. said...

Great group of L's. I love my local library too and especially the friends of the library where I buy good books for cheap! the Lounge lizards L is great....

Paulie said...

Love the photo of the Lounge Lizards -- do they know they are now famous? Ü

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Diana, these are wonderful L collections. My husband loves lemons and will eat them as if they are oranges. Oh my, if you could see my face pucker as I watch him eat these and he will show no signs of their tartness!!

AVCR8TEUR said...

You have lots of L's. As a kid, I used to wander the library myself. I still remember the smell of those musty old books.

Katney said...

Lounge lizards!? These are definitely the first lounge lizards I have seen today! LOL!!

kRiZ cPEc said...

Ah, lemon and lime can make wonderful drinks. thanks for sharing

Gordon said...

Quite a collection of L's. Your local library looks well stocked.

Kim said...

A nice variety of L words.

Miss_Yves said...

Lots of "l" !
The library is so neat, so clean !It's certainely pkeasant to read and work inside !
One of my posts is also about "library " and books
Miss Yves

naturglede said...

Love your L-worlds. Lime has a good colour, yellow as the sun.
I hope the spring soon will come, and there will be new leafs, flowers and sunshine all day! Have a nice day!

Julie said...

I lost you for a while - so glad I found you on Greenish Lady's blog. You're going on my sidebar now. I wish our library was a nice old brick building. The Bismarck library is an ugly modern monstrosity. But, it only matters what is inside, right?

Julie said...

I lost you for a while - so glad I found you on Greenish Lady's blog. You're going on my sidebar now. I wish our library was a nice old brick building. The Bismarck library is an ugly modern monstrosity. But, it only matters what is inside, right?

kml said...

A great collection of Ls!

BumbleVee said...

I have lemons too....and...a recipe.... if you'd care to try it.

Janet said...

Library is such a great choice! And I also loved the Lounge Lizards!! Good choices for L.