Monday, March 10, 2008

Motivation - that's all it takes

Sitting here with my cup of tea,
I was thinking of my plan that I started back on March 1.

My fitness/weight loss plan. 10 days into the plan and I haven't done much but made a bunch of excuses.

I started to write a depressing little dissertation on my sad state of a lack of motivation but then remembered - thoughts create energy. So instead, I'll turn it around an look at the positive. I've started my workout routine. I'm only one week behind my plan. I walked 2 miles today. I can do this. There are 11 weeks left until June. I will be strong and fit and 10 pounds lighter by June and I'm very excitied about that. I'm happy to be back on my treadmill. Tomorrow I'll do 3 miles - but there will be 1 minute of jogging for every 2 minutes of walking. since I haven't run in 4 months, I don't want to injure myself by starting up too fast.
Slow and steady - that's all it takes. A small increase every day - that's all it takes.
Soon, I'll be back to running 5 miles 4 times / week. and 2 strength training days. with a day for Yoga or Pilates.


When June comes around, I'll hop on my bike and fly like the wind! I'm very excited !!





1 comment:

Janet said...

I think it's great that you recognized your negative thinking and turned it around to become a positive motivational thought! And you are so right. Small steps get you where you're going.

I have no doubt that you will be flying like the wind by June!!