Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Killer Queen

She keeps her Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedyFor Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline....

Killer Queen
Song Duration 2:59 Written by Freddie Mercury.Sung by Freddie Mercury.
Released October 11, 1974 - Even though it reached Silver it only reached #2 on the charts.

THAT tune has been running through my head for the last week. I figured the only way to get it out was to write the words down. Once I looked them up this morning, I got quite a laugh at myself to find that what I THOUGHT they were singing wasn't completely correct !! It was originally released 34 YEARS AGO and I still hadn't gotten all the words right!!! It's funny how the brain slips in words to make up for the ones it can't remember or doesn't know - for one, I didn't know they were saying Moet et Chandon - heck I didn't even know it was champagne - I had to look it up.

The Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar and MSN Encarta have designated today, March 4, 2008 as National Grammar Day. I'm glad I got the words to Killer Queen straight, my grammar was definitely wrong. Maybe that's why it was bothering me so much.

4 comments:

Pam Aries said...

I love that song..I love Queen! THaat is so funny that you have been thinking about that song! My grammar leaves a lot to be desired!

Janet said...

Love that song!! And I didn't know all the words either.

Let's not even talk about grammar because mine is terrible.

Dragonstar said...

Love Queen, love that song - and I never worked out all the words, either - it's the overall sound that mattered!

Liz said...

I wouldn't have had a clue to the words! And I wish I had known that Tuesday was National Grammar Day - but I suppose that's only in America.