Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Alphabet Wednesday - G DAY

It's Alphabet Wednesday at Mrs Nesbitt's place and today's letter is G.
Everyone probably came up with Grapes - but are they Green Grapes ?
I also wanted to share my Grapefruits - the picture turned out a bit Grainy -guess the light was too low for the picture.

Then there is the occupant in the cube in front of me at work. Imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I walked into work to find out Kim turned into a Gorilla for the day. Perfect timing. I exclaimed how good she looked in pink, but she was having none of my monkey business and proceeded to ignore me.
And lastly, I have to share a photo of my "G" man - Gary.
that's all for today. easy and fun!
We had a terrible ice storm last night - it left everything coated with ice! People that park their cars outside, couldn't get into them and couldn't get to work because they were so coated with ice the doors wouldn't open. They were better off - roads were awful - it was a bit scary driving.
On the way home, when the sun shone on all the trees - they looked so shiny and silvery - it was almost magical.

16 comments:

Katney said...

Green grapes are the only kind I eat, and that not very often. The icy roads are scary--I have had to conted with them on my commute, but things have warmed up here.

happyone said...

I like your green grapes - one of my favorite fruits.
I love Queen - saw them in person in Scotland back in the 70's.

Janet said...

Yes, to the green grapes and the grapefruits....but a huge big no to the weather! Ice storms are so incredibly beautiful and so destructive all at the same time.

Lynette said...

I really like this G post, photos and text. Hope the weather straightens out.

Dragonstar said...

I've become addicted to sweet red seedless grapes - not the green ones or the black.
I'd have cracked up meeting a pink gorilla in work!

Oh dear. Your ice storm looks spectacular, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to live with the results. I complain about our rain and wind - and the salt that blows in from the sea - but at least the weather doesn't get so cold.

Gordon said...

A great G post; especially the photo and text about the gorilla - clever!

Ida said...

Grapes and grapefruits. Yummi! :)
I hope that you don`t get too chilly...! Enjoy the magical landscape.

Pernille's ting og tang said...

Wonderful g-post and photos!!
Have a nice day:)

Jean M Fogle said...

funny grapefruits!

Miss_Yves said...

Thank you for your comments ! Yes , I 'm proud of my son (who plays the guitar on the left of the photo)and his friends )perhaps his group is walking on the road of ...Glory !(lol)
Your pictures of green grapes,
grapefruit are very pleasant , and the story about kim turned into Gorilla is ...a funny GAG !
miss Yves

becky voyles said...

Great post! I did not think about grapes.Your gorilla story was funny. Thanks for making me giggle.
LOVEd the blue in the trees of the last one. It does look almost magical. Thanks for doing this.

Berit said...

Many good idea for G!!!!
Have a nice day.

photowannabe said...

Love your pink gorilla and green grapes are pretty tastey.
Be careful on those slick roads out there.

Angela said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing with us! *HUGS*
Angela

Liz said...

I adore grapes and eat far too many of them!

You wouldn't get me out driving in those conditions - far too scary!

Sharon said...

This was a wonderful "G" post. I loved the pink gorilla. It made me laugh.