Sunday, March 02, 2008

Gratitude and Simplicity

I have been reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's "Simple Abundance - A Daybook of Comfort and Joy". In February she walked me through 'Gratitude'. Try to find some everyday. - even if it's just being alive - that's something to be grateful for. If we practice finding gratitude everyday, we can find peace with where we are and who we are.

For March Sarah will walk me through the second principle of Simple Abundance - Simplicity. I'm looking forward to what she has to teach me. This is an excellent book - I highly recommend it.

I completed my Spring/Summer wallhanging. This small project kept me on my 'Creative Every Day' plan for awhile. I'll hand it in my foyer, for now it will be a promise to me of spring and color coming soon.

Soon there will be crocuses, daffodils and tulips. Soon my patio will be a splash of color with pots everywhere.
Yep, that's a backwards 'G'. Something I hadn't noticed but my 'G' did. It turns out to be the perfect flower, but my favorite piece is the drunken butterfly ready to stop and smell the flowers.
Now that I've begun my 12 weeks to heath and fitness, I've started looking at eating right again. I'm back to one of my favorite breakfasts. Steel-cut oats with blueberries (these are frozen) - then drizzled with honey. YUM. I made a potful so I have ready breakfast for a few days.
I plan on baking some squash today and making home made soup to take to work for lunches.
I LOVE to blog-hop on Sunday mornings - it's similar to people grabbing the Sunday comics or crossword puzzle. It's my time to connect and search out new friends.
Here are some fun blogs I visited this morning....
The Inspired Room plus check out one in particular Sweet Escape Drive-by's

6 comments:

Hummingbird Chats said...

I love blog hopping as well, that's just what I'm doing now...be on the look out for your package, I'm putting it in the mail on Monday...have fun..Katie

Siobhan said...

Hello Diana, Thankyou so much for popping past today! Your blog is fab and I really love your Spring/Summer wallhanging! Well done!

Siobhan xo

Crafty Gardener said...

Your spring wallhanging is lovely. I'm waiting for spring to arrive as well, can't wait to get out in my garden again.

Janet said...

I'm doing my blog-hopping a little late today....thanks for mentioning mine, and for stopping by. I'll take a peek at the others you visited.

Your wall hanging is so pretty and pink and Spring-timey. I like the drunken butterfly, too.

Steel-cut oats and blueberries....YUM!!

Cookie Sunshine said...

I love your new wallhanging. The colors and design are wonderful.
CookieSunshine

Pam Aries said...

Hi Diana! Love the wall hanging! Good for you for eating healthy! ..WEll..I am not going to be able to d othe Bridge run... cause I won't be in town..waaa. But that's ok..I am still on my fitness kick(altho yesterday . I treated myself) ha ha!