Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Blizzard of 2008

It finally stopped snowing. That was so much fun watching it snow for 24 hours! We had a blast getting out in it. I made a snow angel but by the time I got my camera to take a picture of it, the wind and snow had covered it up. Here are some highlights of the day.
The snow was so light, we could carry huge shovelfuls - We have a service that shovels for our development. We just get out and shovel for the fun of it. well, I was having so much fun, I couldn't stay concentrated on shoveling. I walked around and took pictures instead.
This cardinal must have been VERY hungry to venture out in the blizzard to find some food. A dove stopped by too - almost knocked on our door asking for food. stared right at us until we got the hint to put some food out there.
We went out again after dinner. I love how the snow turns into a million sparking diamonds in the evening light. So we walked around the neighborhood and listened to the quiet in the snow.

9 comments:

AVCR8TEUR said...

I feel sorry for the dove freezing and begging for food. I can't imagine walking out there when it's snowing so hard. You must really get a workout walking knee deep in snow.

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

are you absolutely sure it's done? still coming down over here on my side of town!

Dragonstar said...

Wow! Makes for a great photo-opportunity, and it looks like you enjoyed it!

Pam Aries said...

That is some snow alright ...ha ! I miss snow..I really do! Love the photos , especially the one of the cardinal. I took photos yesterday....uh no snow though. hee hee

Penny said...

Your snow storm made the news on tv last night in Australia. Looks like the sort of powder we loved to ski in.
thanks for dropping by.

Adriann said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow!!

My husband agrees with you in that no drinking of any kind while driving.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your snowy weekend!!

Janet said...

We have some friends traveling in their RV and they're stranded somewhere in OH!! Too much snow for me. I just posted some photos on my photo blog that show the weather where I am. You might not want to look at them!!

Cookie said...

It's so much fun finding someone else who loves the snow! I'm glad I stopped by, saw your photos and read your post.

I'm the one in my neighborhood who gets the snowblower out and does not only our drive and sidewalk, but also runs down the street doing the sidewalk in front of all of the homes. It's just so much fun!

Its 20 degrees here today. I don't know if we'll go above the freezing mark or not.

Your photo of the cardinal is precious.

I'm making the rounds visiting all of my OWOH pals. Here's a wish for a great week that is filled with comfort and joy.

Hugs,
Cookie

Kathy Wagner said...

Such beautiful photos! My favorite is the Cardinal!