Sunday, December 23, 2007

Reading Challenge for 2008 = What's in a Name?

I've joined my first reading challenge for next year at Annie's What's in a Name? and this is my selected reading list for the 2008 Challenge.
I've decided to read the classics where ever I could fit them in. In any classics I've read in the past, I haven't been disappointed so I'm looking forward to reading these choices. that said, I do have backup's on some selections just in case my first choices don't work for me. These book titles may be familiar to you, but I have not read one of them. I often thought about them, but didn't take the time to pick them up. this challenge is perfect for these books.

1. A color in the title -- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Doyle or Red House Mystery by A. A. Milne
2. An animal in the title -- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. A first name in the title -- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe or My Antonia by Willa Cather
4. A place in the title -- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer and Nevill Coghill or A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
5. A weather event in the title -- The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway
6. A plant in the title -- Basil by Wilkie Collins
(I don't have a backup for these last two yet for this, hope I can find them at the library and I find them entertaining enough to finish reading.)

1 comment:

Debi said...

Welcome to the challenge--thanks for joining in! Hope you have fun!

--Annie