Sunday, November 11, 2007

a twist on breakfast

I'm very excited. I got my sewing machine out yesterday and did a warm up exercise. I made a snowman potholder. I added my beads for the eyes, nose, mouth and coal buttons. It was a lot of fun but it's easy to see I need a lot more practice. but who needs perfection. I've got the pattern picked out for my first attempt at quilting. Next on my list is to go pick out my fabrics. That will be fun. I love fiber and fabric as much as I love beads.

If you like oatmeal, whole oat groats are better for you. Old fashioned oats, even steel cut oats are still considered too processed for macrobiotic cooking. Yesterday I cooked brown rice, wheat berries and rye together and baked a butternut squash. I warmed up the grain mixture with 1/4 of the squash for breakfast. It was really yummy.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

It sounds like you're having a lot of creative fun right now, that rocks! I like the sound of your snowman potholder!

Canadian Tire is a Canadian icon when it comes to shopping, it sells everything for the home, kind of like a Home Depot that also sells car parts and fixes cars, LOL. I put up a new pic of the bowls for you!

Sharon said...

Fun sewing, Hope you can show us your projects.
Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy your visits.