Saturday, November 17, 2007



I didn't know quilting was so task intensive. First I had to pick out what I wanted to do - talk about overwhelming decisions. there are so many fun and pretty choices out there. next I had to pick out colors - then go get the fabrics! choices, choices. then wash and iron all the fabrics. don't forget matching thread. next - I picked a wall hanging to make that had appliques on it soooo I had to get some plastic to trace my appliques onto. then cut out the appliques

next trace your templates onto fusible web - then cut them all out. 4 big trees, 8 little trees, 6 stars.

I feel like I'm cutting my paper doll clothes again.

I'll be working on it again this evening so I'll display further adventures tomorrow.

For my macrobiotics, I cooked up lentils with carrots, onions and sea vegetables. At the end, I added a bit of Mirin and tamari. It's very good, but only for those that can handle the taste of seaweed. fortunately, I LIKE IT.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Paper dolls were always a favorite of mine but I don't think I'd have the patience for quilting! I love seeing it though and appreciate those who do it. I'm enjoying your experience!