Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Birthday!

It's my birthday, it's my birthday. 53 and loving it! well, I'd rather go back to 40 and start from there, but I'll take 53, it's a very fun age. I took the day off work to celebrate and do my favorite things. Today I would like to.....
play with my beads
bake cookies
try to sew a small quilted potholder (don't know how to quilt) it's a kit.
go to the library
go to lunch with my sister AND have dessert!
sit by the fire tonight with G
go for a walk and take some pics of the beautiful changing of the trees

That will be a good day. I'm very excitied about it.

As I start my 54th year, I've decided to learn how to quilt. I think quilt work is absolutely beautiful. I'd like to expand my beadwork into quilting projects. It would be a fun blend. I'm getting books from the library. I'd take an evening class on it, but I haven't found one yet.

I've also decided to buy that laptop. This PC isn't working well, it's over 6 yrs old - time for a replacement.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, no....I missed it! Happy Birthday to you! I hope your day was everything you wanted it to be and more.

Leearning to quilt sounds like a good goal for the year. Beads and quilting go together so nicely and I'm sure you'll create some beautiful things.

Janet said...

PS - I'm not crazy! Just can't read a calendar!!

Sacred Suzie said...

Happy Birthday! Woot!

I hope you did all the amazing things you were planning on doing today and treating yourself like a queen.