Sunday, August 05, 2007

I've been doing very well on my vegetarian/vegan wanna be diet. I've lost 3 lbs! No meat - no junk food (big part of it) no wine, no beer, no bread (big one - I miss this. I'll add whole wheat bread after I lose a few more lbs) I had a couple bites of birthday cake at work (not mine) because I didn't want to be the party pooper so the white flour snuck in. I ran out of soy milk creamer and had to use fat free milk for a couple of days. But I've been eating a LOT of veggies, rice and beans - no hardship these are my favs.
Plus I've been exercising 45 min = 5 days this week. Hiking and biking.

Breakfast sample : oatmeal w/ cinammon and blueberries
Lunch sample : vegetable soup
Dinner sample : whole wheat past w/ beans and zucchini
Dinner sample : zucchin frittata sans eggs

2 comments:

Laume said...

It must be something in the air - I've been changing my own diet and exercise habits very similarly. And I had lunch with a friend today and discovered she too has suddenly become focused on a healthier lifestyle. I've sort of "fallen off the veggie wagon" the last couple of days but it feels so good to be eating conscientiously again that I plan on climbing right back on.

Total aside, I just wanted to thank you again for the comment you left on my blog months ago about your favorite cozy mystery authors. I've read the first Donna Andrews (Murder with Peacocks) and loved the humor so much I went right out and bought the next three books in the series. Thanks!

sognatrice said...

Congrats on the three pounds, but more importantly on the positive changes in your lifestyle! I couldn't go vegan, per se, but I definitely eat more fruits, veggies, and whole grains than I used to...oh, and I *move* a lot more too.

I wish people who are reluctant to try such things could experience how good it feels and then maybe they'd be convinced to try it too....

Anyway, I don't know if I've thanked you for the link to my site on your sidebar, but grazie, and I hope to see you around there soon :)