Monday, April 02, 2007

Pizza

I'm using some of my creative energy toward a food craft. I've always wanted to make my own bread and have now found a group of bakers willing to teach through a blog. Pizza is the first lesson from A Year in Bread.
I finished my first try at homemade pizza dough yesterday. It turned out better than I expected.

I didn't have italian sausage so I used andouille sausage and jalepeno peppers with the normal green pepper and onions.

The crust ended up thin, I guess I rolled it out too much. I'll make a smaller, thicker pizza with the second half of the dough that I put away in the freezer. It tasted good anyway.

4 comments:

LisaOceandreamer said...

WOW that looks delish!! I heard about that blog, maybe I should take a look and surprise G with something home baked.( he does all the cooking so it WOULD be a surprise!)heehee
Save a slice for me!!
XO

mrsnesbitt said...

I am soooooooooooooooo hungry now!
thirsty too...........hmmmmmmmmmm where is the wine? LOL!

Sara said...

Is it not fun to be participating in A Year In Bread!!! I am so excited about it...glad you joined up too...

Sara said...

P.S> - Your pizza looks delicious!