Saturday, April 21, 2007

Passions

Brought home a fresh arm load from the library. Two of my favorite authors ( I have many favs) have new books out and I didn't even know until I saw them on the shelves. Nancy Atherton created the 'Aunt Dimity' series. It's a mystery series with a ghost - Aunt Dimity. If you want to check it out I recommend reading them in order - it's much more fun that way. The second author with a new book t is Diane Mott Davidson who created the 'Goldie Bear - Caterer' series. She solves mysteries while cooking and catering. Again, I've read all hers - in order - I recommend reading them that way. It's so much fun to watch the characters grow.

I also brought home a movie (on VCR) thank goodness mine still works - called 'The '60s" . I watched it last night - it's a double tape (3 hrs+) movie starting in 1962 through 1969. What a trip down memory lane - what passion people had for what they believed in. Yes, there were marches and riots and sit-ins and protests and violence - but people stood up for what they believed to be right. We are living in the same world today - we have our troops in a country where we don't belong - how different is that from Viet Nam and yet - where are the protest movements - where is the passion to fight against it. It's minimal at best. Our young generation has yet to pick up their feet and raise their fists to say - stop the insanity - bring our soldiers home!

1 comment:

Janet said...

How true! Everyone seems to just accept things and go about their everyday lives as if there's nothing that can be done. I don't get it. We have to speak out for what we believe....but there isn't even much of a whisper out there.

I have not read either of these authors but will check at my library to see if we have them.