Monday, April 09, 2007

It's all about me.

We had a lot of fun visiting with my family on Easter. We gathered about 16 of us around the table. My sister and I both brought shrimp appetizers - hadn't thought to talk it through and go figure - my brothers wife, our dear hostess, doesn't even like shrimp so she didn't enjoy any of that. I also brought a homemade berry pie and of course then my sisters father-in-law says that's the only thing he CAN'T eat. he was so disappointed. oh well, I loved it. it's a shame he didn't think to bring something he might like in case he doesn't like anything that's there. I do. Gotta think about yourself. it sounds selfish but it's not. That keeps a positive spin on my outlook. you don't get disappointed if you at least can please yourself! Then Gar and I went for a (hopefully) last winter walk through the snow filled park. We walked 5 miles! yes. My goal is to be buff by beach week - mid July. Beach week is always a great motivator for me - cruises too. No photo's today cause I'm a bit busy tonight. Lots to do !!

2 comments:

Pam Aries said...

Accckkkk...It IS beach week here aleady! HA! So at least you have til mid July! Altho it is unusually cool here at the moment and beleive me..I am enjoying every blessed minute of it! Soon enough you will hear me kvetching about the HEAT and HUMIDITY!..I hadda laugh at the food fetishes of the family gathering ! I learned long ago to bring what I like! So at least I know I will have something to eat! Ha!

mrsnesbitt said...

I love family get togethers, we will be having one at the end of June, my birthday BBQ!