Thursday, March 15, 2007

Training

I have a technical job and it requires some training throughout the year just to keep up with the new stuff. This week I'm in training again, then I'll skip a week and go through another week of training. Then sometime in April I'm expecting to be enrolled for yet a third week of training. But, if it wasn't scheduled through work, I probably wouldn't put much effort into it -- HOWEVER, when it comes to beads :) I am constantly reading magazines, books and internet articles on beadwork. Anything I can get my hands on about learning new techniques, color combos or tools and how to use them - I'll read it. I came home from work today exhausted from trying to learn all the instructor is showing us in class and the first thing I look at is.... yep, my bead books from the library. I have such a thirst to learn about and work with beads.



I treated myself to a new toy with my tax money. I bought myself a new heart rate monitor with GPS - it is sooo cool. Yesterday it was still 67 when I got home, so I strapped on my heart rate monitor and watch and started walking, this thing has so many bells and whistles I brought the little instruction book with me so I could try to figure out what buttons to push. It'll be a blast when I start doing my running training outside.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I'll be interested to hear your review of your new heart monitor. I've been thinking about one of them myself.
I completely understand the reading thing....I will read anything I can get my hands on that relates to making art but anything else just goes over my head!

mrsnesbitt said...

Library.......a haven!

Dx

Bejeweled said...

A library of one's own is a wonderful thing!

LisaOceandreamer said...

I can't get enough of art books and art magazines and even a bead one or two.
I still wish you could be my personal trainer!
xo