Thursday, March 01, 2007

Swim lane

We swam another 1/4 mile today. The water starts out cool, but after a couple of laps it feels like a liquid blanket. My arms and legs get tired and my lungs are heaving, but my brain says YES, this feels good. keep going! How refreshing the water is, how soothing, how relaxing. I'll be sad when my membership runs out, I'm not sure we'll renew again until next winter. Now that spring is here, I'm ready to start jogging and bike riding. Let's get physical, physical.....

I've been trying to learn a new beading technique - a spiral rope. I had a few false starts but a bracelet is finally starting to appear out of thread and glass. Since this is my first try at it, the piece isn't as tight and sharp looking as it should be but it'll still be fun for me to wear. I'll have to practice a lot more before I have a piece good enough to sell. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow night. It's too late to mess with the camera and photoshop. goodnight all.

4 comments:

Naturegirl said...

I too have been swimming in my friends pool while here in Florida and plan to continue at my local rec. centre when I return home! GREAT overall gentle on the joints activity!hugs NG

Pam Aries said...

Geeps... I never swim! our Ocean here is so murky.... I have seen small sharks..stingrays and jellyfish! I have been stung by them and it HURTS! The indoor pools are not much better! ha!

LisaOceandreamer said...

I am so completely impressed with your physical training. Can you be my personal trainer? I am bad, bad, bad about NOT doing anything. I am trying to visualize a pool in my backyard...I love to swim but prefer it in a non public forum. (see previous sentence about nonexercise):)
XO

Janet said...

I never learned to swim!! The way you describe it as a liquid blanket sounds so relaxing. Good for you to be doing all those great activities....good for your health.