Monday, March 05, 2007



I have a head of David in my foyer - he's solid stone - so he's there for good. I love him. He guards my front door - only letting friends and family in. I throw him kisses as I come and go - and see him smile, even through his look of concern. If my house was bigger, I might have put the rest of his body in there too! HA. Well, with the excitement of Spring coming soon and our One Heart giveaway on Ostara, the Vernal Equinox (also known as Lady Day), I dressed David up for the occasion. If you click on the picture, you can see his head wreath and necklace of green.


Here is the new technique I've been working on. It's a spiral rope. I train myself on larger beads. Once I have the skill a bit more uniformed, I'll move to a smaller bead. I've seen some really pretty necklaces made with this style. It's a new challenge to keep my skills up.



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Where ever did you get that fabulous David? He's wonderful. :) You won my drawing by the way! Stop by for a visit :)

Bejeweled said...

You'll like spiral rope. Once you get the hang of it, it works up quickly and always looks fantastic!

Yes, it is nice to meet fellow beader bloggers :) Happy to have met you through the ONE World ONE HeART Giveaway. I'll stop by often!

Nerissa said...

That spiral rope is beautiful. I like it in the larger beads. Hard to believe it's a new technique. It looks really good.