Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ready, set, go

Here's is how I started my morning.
1/2 banana, 1/3 cup blueberries, 2 scoops protein powder(vanilla), fill to top with soy milk.

It's yummy and filling and that plus some coffee will hold me till lunch. Since I haven't eaten animal protein in a while (I do on a very limited basis), I decided to boost my protein with a little help from Kashi. this powder has 29g Protein for 2 scoops. That'll get my protein requirements for the day - now I can plan on making on delicious veggie soup for dinner. I love hot, brothy soups on cold winter nights with big hunks of crusty bread. ok - I love food - so I have to choose carefully.

My toe is almost totally healed now.
Today I must start back to my workout routines. I'll take it easy and just walk 3 miles today - tomorrow will be a swim session and Monday a stationary bike ride. Tuesday a 4 mile walk day - then I'll venture a short run on Wednesday and see how the toe holds up.

Hopefully I can then resume my running training program for the Cleveland Marathon 10k in May!

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

You're a much better vegetarian than I was! Very smart to boost your protein like this, it's going to make you feel great and give you a ton of energy. Here's to good health!

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey Plongstocking just came by to tell you, you posted nearest my 13,000th visitor so you win a prize!
Please e-mail your address to me please!
See my blog for details!

Janet said...

That does sound yummy. I make a smoothie with Chocolate Silk and frozen strawberries with a bit of yogurt and a banana if I happen to have one. I could live on this stuff!!