Monday, February 05, 2007

Phoenix Time

I'm having a great time visiting with my daughter in Phoenix. The time change is still hard to get used to. I wake up 2 hrs earlier than everyone else here. Fixed my daughters computer yesterday so I can play on it now until she wakes up. Boy did I pick a good weekend to leave town. When I called home, Gary said it was 2 degress outside !! yikes. the windchill made it minus 20 !! and here in Phoenix today we plan on hiking in a bright, sunny and balmy 80 degrees. I sure lucked out with a good weekend to come here and visit. It is so strange to wake up and see palm trees and cacti everywhere with mountains in the background. I'm sorry now that my vacation will be so short. I'll be back home and shivering away by tomorrow night. I'm taken some great pictures out here that I'll post when I get back.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I saw on the news tonight that most of the Midwest and the East are frigid cold and will stay that way for a few more days. Lucky you being in Phoenix at just the right time. We have also had fairly warm temps for this time of year.

Pam Aries said...

I used to live in Phoenix! did I tell you that already? I am glad you are having fun! I am mailing your winning Valentine ! Tee hee! It is fun to win! I won 2 things! Yay!