Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Sugar Voyeur

My chiropractor told me that most (not all) neck pain can be attributed to sugar.  If he would notice a little tightness in my neck during adjustments he would KNOW that I had a cookie or ice cream or something sugary.   ...  and he would be correct.  There was no fooling him or lying to him - he would know.

So with my chiropractor as my sugar conscious and summer fast approaching, the only time I have sugar is in the non-dairy creamer I put in my coffee.  I still can't give up my morning coffee.

But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy sugar from the sidelines.

Just seeing a beautiful dessert creation can sometimes calm my cravings. It's true... take a look....
Easter Cookies (Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookies) by My Kitchen Addiction

and more...
A Flourless Chocolate Almond Torte by Zoe Bakes
A Lemon Raspberry Tart by Gourmand in the Kitchen
Chocolate Covered Macaroons by Baked Brie
Strawberry Kiss Cake by Cakewalker 
Pistachio Baklava with Cinnamon Honey by First Look Then Cook

well, that satisfied my sweet tooth.
Did it work for you?

No comments: