Sunday, April 10, 2011

Studying beadwork

I'm working my through Diane Fitzgerald's book 'Shaped Beadwork'.
I love the photo's and instructions in this book.
I love the projects selected and plan to work on most of them.

So far, I've started at the beginning of the book - the basic patterns - so I understand what is happening when I move into the detailed and intricate patterns.

Here is what I've accomplished so far.  Let me tell you,  It's not as easy as it looks.  I kept my full concentration on these patterns.  One missed step would through the shape totally out of wack.

The triangle shape was my first.  I had to rip it out and start over 3 times.  I finally understood what I needed to do and the rest became MUCH easier. 

The Square: 


I highly recommend ripping out and starting over with any new tutorial until you get it right.  You'll end up with a better finished piece and a better understanding of the concepts.


I plan to make each one of these pairs into a set of earrings.

No comments: