Saturday, January 10, 2009

The 12 Secrets of highly creative Women - Week #1

Secret 1 - Acknowledging Your Creative Self

for this first week, Jamie has asked us to start by celebrating that we have joined the group and are willing to be acknowledge our own creative selves.
The more open I am to creativity, the more drawn I am to the richness of colors and textures. I can feel my beads and textiles vibrating with energy, calling me to touch them and discover what I can make with them.

She asks us to look inward and tell where we are on our journey.
I am now happily selling my creations in a gift shop and on Etsy. It's a wonderful feeling to know others are enjoying things I took joy in creating. I have watched my skill grow and my interests expand. I started just stringing pieces of glass together and lately I've started creating my own focal pieces with polymer clay and using more wire and chain. Growing and changing, I am looking forward to the next 11 weeks of creative discovery.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi there - your link on the 12 secrets site wasn't working properly...

Stringing beads together is a great thing to do.

Genie Sea said...

Beads are so wonderful. their colors, the way they capture light, their smoothness. :)

todayandeveryday said...

I popped over to check out your Etsy and your creations are wonderful. I am sure that this experience will turn up in your future work and it will be exciting to see where it takes you.
Peace~
Dawn

Janet said...

Your bead work is always beautiful so I look forward to seeing where this takes you.

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

so glad i saw the link to this book club here on your blog. cheers to becoming more open to creativity over the next 12 weeks!

Sacred Suzie said...

You are such a creative inspiration. I love that you're selling your work on Etsy! You rock.

Jamie said...

When I read "I can feel my beads and textiles" I immediately noticed how tactile your blog is! The different textures seem to invite you to reach out and touch them! I'm guessing that reflects your own tactile ways, understanding and relating things to them better as you feel them. Very cool.